Why Buy Songline Emu Oil?
As an online consumer you have many choices when it comes to purchasing pure emu oil. How do you decide where to buy? Let me give you some things to consider when making your decision.
First, consider the quality of the oil
How are the emu raised?
Songline Emu Oil comes from birds raised by small family farms in the USA. We farmed Emu (Songline Emu Farm) from 1995 to 2017, during that time we developed humane farming practices including a strategic breeding program to produce strong blood-lines; a nutritious feed program with no hormones or antibiotics; and sustainable solutions that did not allow the use of chemical insecticides or herbicides. Over that 20 plus years we assisted a number of other Emu farms to start up and they are continuing today with our blood-lines. We know all of these farmers personally and visit their farms frequently. So we know the source of all of our emu fat.
This is critical because fat-soluble toxins such as heavy metals, pesticides, preservatives, food additives, pollutants and other environmental chemicals can end up stored in a fat. Some emu oil found online comes from factory/farms in India, China and other parts of the world where lack of sanitation and regulation has led to environmental contamination and questionable feed practices. You do not want to apply highly penetrating oil to your skin that has been rendered from fat which may store these toxins.
How is the emu oil processed?
Songline Emu Oil is processed using a food grade vacuum deodorizer which brings the oil to the lowest temperature necessary to insure sterilization (kill viruses, bacteria or other contaminants that may have been picked up at the meat processing facility) while not so high as to degrade any of the oil’s healing properties. It is then filtered using natural clay rather than chemicals. This is all done at a U.S. regulated facility using GMP (General Manufacturing Practices) for food products. The resulting oil is food grade (ingestible) oil. Again, some oil found online has been processed overseas under conditions that may be less strictly regulated.
Is the oil certified?
Songline Emu Oil has been certified by an independent lab to verify that the oil is 100%Pure and that the oil meets quality and stability standards set by the American Emu Association (AEA). Click here to see sample of a recent Lab Analysis...
Why is this important? In 2012 the Board of Directors of AEA conducted a study to address the problem of adulterated oil on the market claiming to be 100% Pure Emu Oil. They purchased 11 samples with this claim from online retailers including Amazon and Ebay and submitted them for analysis. 9 samples were American emu oil and 2 were Australian emu oil. The results were shocking. Only 5 of the 11 samples were actually pure emu oil. Others had been cut with less expensive, less effective, plant and animal oils. Read more on AEA test ...
Second, consider the reputation, practices and policies of the retailer.
Songline has been farming emu, selling emu oil products and members of the American Emu Association (AEA) since 1995. All three partners in Songline have held offices on either the New England Emu Association or American Emu Association’s board of directors. We have been AEA Certified Business Members since 2013. We are committed to this product and this industry.
Songline’s website carries a Security Shield meaning that our business has been analyzed by a third party to ensure our web-site security and business practices are exemplary. Our site has been validated to have a secure SSL certificate which provides industry standard data encryption so you know your sensitive data is safe.
Songline’s policies and practices have always put the customer first. Our belief that all people deserve to live confident, healthy and energy-filled lives is what led us to provide healthy solutions for many of the conditions and ailments our customers face. We are looking to develop long term relationships not quick sales. We not only want to be your supplier of emu oil, but to offer hope and support in your quest for better health. We do this by providing high quality products; supplying as much information as we can and providing customer service which exceeds your expectations.
- We ship your order FAST, usually the same day. If not then the next business day or you will receive notification of a backorder and anticipated delivery date.
- Order status, tracking and order history can be viewed at any time under your account.
- Because we know that every “body” is not the same, and what works for one person may not work for another, we offer a 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. No hassles, it either works or we buy it back.
- We will never sell or share your contact information with any other company. We hate spam and telemarketers and would never compromise your privacy. If you subscribe to our email program we promise not to fill your inbox with unwanted emails. You may select your areas of interest or unsubscribe at any time.
- Our customer testimonials show that we are working hard to be the deliver our promises.
Third, consider the sustainability of the farming practices and philosophies behind your purchase.
Your purchase here supports the livelihood of small, family farms in the U.S. which practice humane, natural and sustainable farming. These small farms ensure a continuing way of life that protects the environment and community while keeping the welfare of the emu paramount. Songline considers environmental and social impacts in all areas that our business touches:
- In raising emu in an all natural, humane practice without the use of unnecessary antibiotics or chemical pesticides and herbicides
- In product selection concerning vendors and ingredient sourcing, to small batch formulation and packaging
- In marketing from truthful representation of our products and their abilities to environmental concerns in our marketing choices
- In our hiring and outsourcing decisions such as product delivery and more. We want to be financially successful but not at the expense of our environment or community.